March 19, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait!

For the last almost 48 hours, there has been many questions but few answers. As of this morning, no one has been evacuated. I went to a meeting yesterday and there I was told that I needed to find my category and group from a list and then when my number is called, I bring my luggage to the theatre and begin the process from there. As of this morning, there is no list.

In the back of my mind I wonder if we are really going to get out of here.

However, I received two pieces of good news: 1) I am allowed to carry a 50lb bag, and 2) the Japanese power company is holding off on our power outages until Tuesday. Living here on the small, english-speaking island of Atsugi, many rumors are started, much information is miscommunicated, and we receive different "official reports". So now I get to play a game, the "hurry up and wait game".

Lunch yesterday was amazing though. Two friends and I went to an Indian restaurant and ate curry and naan! I had been missing this food for quite a while and it was delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you have some buddies there to help you through the hurry up and wait game. That game!! I am not fond of it at all.

    Big loves from Colorado!

    ReplyDelete