March 24, 2011

How I Got on the Plane

Things began on Tuesday as any other Tuesday. I got ready and went to school to sub in a kindergarten classroom. Throughout the day I was concerned with filling out forms to possibly get a ticket through PSD. After school, a couple friends and I went to PSD to try and book a flight. When we walk in we acetone that no more tickets would be booked that day and to come back in the morning. We made plans to meet at seven.

I returned home and was deciding what to do with the rest of my day when I get a phone call. "Thank you for answering your phone," the voice said. "Do you want to get on the flight leaving base today?" I asked her if she was serious and she asked," Are you packed?" I had thirty minutes to pack, tidy up the house, and report to the cinema. I have never packed a bag so quickly in my life. Before I knew it, I was at the cinema waiting to begin processing. Since the group currently flying was full of pregnant mothers and small children, the exit rows could not be occupied. That is how I got on the flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment