November 26, 2010

Black Friday

While I am not a fan of Black Friday shopping, there is another tradition that I strongly follow, decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. This year, although I decorated alone, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I pulled out the tree and it shed more than any dog I have ever had. I literally had Christmas all over my living room just from the fake pine needles that came off the tree. I decided to have themed trees, the large one decorated in red and gold, and a smaller tree for our bedroom decorated in blue and silver.

Since Alan and I had a Christmas themed wedding, I have many decorations left over that were used and some of those are my favorite, such as the monogrammed table cloth, the poinsettia centerpiece, and the votive holders. A couple years back I had a stocking made for Alan, go Dawgs.

I am a huge fan of icicle lights and bought some to hang on our patio this year. Also I put one of the white Christmas trees also used in the wedding outside. I love to see sparkling white lights. Sometimes I will just shut all the lights off except for the Christmas tree and have a soft glow. I have to say that Christmas is my favorite time of year. It brings happiness, light hearts, and the best music ever. And we cannot forget the whole reason behind this wonderous season, the birth of Jesus.

1 comment: