November 18, 2010

Washi Paper

Today I took a free class making items with washi paper. It was so much fun! It began by making the structure of the bowl out of cardboard and then tracing the pattern on the washi paper to cover it. Washi paper is a thick, printed paper that is made from the bark of many different plants, including the gampi tree, bamboo, hemp, rice, and wheat plants. A special glue is also used to adhere the washi paper to the cardboard made from water, rice, and a traditional glue. I plan to attend the washi classes next month where we will be making other things as well!

Today was also a productive day, accomplishing many things on my to-do list including shopping for the Thanksgiving meal I plan on serving this weekend, checking our mail, and (finally) submitting my substitute application! I will probably not be working for several weeks because of the background check but in the mean time, I already have three babysitting jobs lined up. I'm glad to be getting things done, I always feel better when I have things to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment