November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

The one day of the year devoted to giving thanks. Luckily, I am often reminded to give thanks, as I am blessed beyond belief! When I sit down to think about the multitude of things I have been given and what has been provided for me, it is simply overwhelming.

I have never wanted for anything in my life, well anything of extreme importance. All my needs, plus more, have been met, plus some. I have never gone without food, shelter, or family. For all this, I thank my one Lord and God, through Him anything is possible! Does He not care for the birds and flowers? Doesn't he do the same, plus more, for us? Thank you Father for blessing me so richly even though I am not always deserving.

I am also so very thankful for my parents, the two very best parents any person could hope or dream for. Providing for me with more than just my basic needs, filling my life with so much love that I bubble over, and being there, whenever I might need them. They support me in any goals I might have, enrich my life with spiritual influence, and have provided an example which I hope to copy in my own life. They have created a family that is so important, only our Father ranks supreme. To Momma and Daddy, I love you and thank you for everything you have done to mold me into the person I am today.

And where could  I be without the rest of my family? My grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, siblings, and nephew. Each has supported me, comforted me, helped me grow. I love family dinners when we all get together, the atmosphere of the family alone brings happiness to my heart. I could never take any one of you for granted.

For my friends, the ones I talk to every day, the ones I talk to occasionally, and the ones I rarely see, I haven't forgotten you. Each one of you is dear to my heart, and I love spending time with you. You bring out a part of me that no one else does and keep me being me. Thank you for keeping me real, reminding me who I am, and just being there.

Lastly, I am thankful for my husband. The one who was brought to me through a higher plan and the one who always brings a smile to my face. You always love me, you're always there for me, and you've always been supportive of me. Two years seems to have suddenly flown by and I hope that we will have a long happy life. I cannot wait to see what God has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment