November 8, 2010

Looking up

Alan went back to work today and I continued working on my substitute application. I think it's almost finished, I only need a few papers from Alan. I hope that tomorrow I can turn in my packet and get rolling on the job. I'm not one to sit at home and do nothing all day so I'm hoping this works out. It would also be nice to be in the school again. After so long being away, I am really beginning to miss it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, yesterday was about a 4. Today, it was an 8! I think I have found some friends (if they enjoyed today as much as I did) and I am very excited. We have already made plans for Thursday and one day this weekend. Today we walked around the base trying to get some exercise outdoors since we are having beautiful weather (highs in the 60's and sun shining everyday). Ashlyn has a dog and he is not one for much exercise so he was pushed around in a stroller. It was very cute! After the walk they took me to a home store off base that had everything! Rugs, curtains, pets, hardware, plants. Nicole and I played with the puppies for a little while, finding a few to be exceptionally cute: a mini pincher, a chihuahua, and a weimaraner.

Alan had a good day at work, it was his first day with the whole shop there since we were in class all week last week. He seems to like it fairly well along with some of the people he is working with. Overall I think today was a good day for both of us. Perhaps things are beginning to turn the corner and we are moving into the next stage of adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment