November 17, 2010

Ebina

Monday evening, Alan and I ventured out with a few of his Navy friends to the mall close-by in Ebina. We went after work and began walking to the train station. As we walked, it began to sprinkle. We stopped at a convenience store where one of our companions bought an umbrella. I thought I would be ok, I didn't fix my hair or anything and the rain wasn't hard, just a sprinkle. Then, before I knew it, I was soaked, water dripping from my head. We ducked into the one hundred yen store, like a dollar tree, and bought an umbrella.


We hopped on a train and went down to the mall, just two stops down by train. We walked around, visiting stores of different varieties, seeing many things. In one store, I finally figured out how the nationals wear their skirts so short.


They're bloomers, to be worn under those short skirts. I was amused by the panda bear bloomers, but they did have just patterned ones for the more modest I guess. But wow! Their skirts are indeed short.

We stopped for food at the food court in the mall, very similar to the food courts we are used to. At this restaurant, they served handheld pizzas (folded in half for easy eating) and rice and pasta dishes. This is what I got, rice covered with curry, topped with shrimp and then finished with melted cheese. It was delicious! After we finished dinner, we meandered over to the Baskin Robbins and ordered popping Christmas ice cream, mint ice cream with pop rocks inside. It was shockingly delicious also.

We finished our evening by visiting a pet store. What a trip! We found the CUTEST puppy, a tri-colored dachshund puppy. He had the most energy and spunk. If it wasn't against the rules, we probably would have bought him on the spot! Also that we left Roscoe and Sweet Pea in the states, we felt kinda guilty for looking at another puppy. But, he was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment