December 2, 2010

Life has been uneventful. While Alan is gone I have been weary to leave base, except for one excursion for a beef bowl. Yum! I would love to find a good recipe for the beef bowl, it seems simple enough. Also a new favorite is miso soup. I cannot find the miso paste used to make it but I am still looking.

I have successfully finished decorating. A few lights on the garland and some good scented candles and I think it's good. I did venture to a home store off base to look for more decorations but was terribly disappointed. I did however find a very pretty poinsettia and Christmas cactus. Those additions add an extra touch.

To spend my time I have been watching the seasons of one of my favorite TV shows, Gilmore Girls. Also, I have begun babysitting some to help the time pass. I have most of this weekend booked with more people calling. I think it will keep me busy until I hear back from the school about substituting.

Besides this, not much is new here. When Alan gets back we will begin our adventures again and the blogs will be much more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Awww..., I wish I were there to give you a big ol' hug. I know mine aren't as good as Alan's or your momma's but still...


    Thinking about you and missing you both lots!

    ReplyDelete