December 21, 2010

Two months

Well two months have come and gone, I think that we gave adjusted well thus far. Living in Japan brings new adventures, and concern. We have to think about things that might otherwise be looked over. Needless to say, I think we will enjoy our time here.

Every so often you can see Mt. Fuji from base. I am still trying to get a picture of that snow-covered peak to share with you. Climbing season is July and August and I hope to climb it this year. You begin at the base and as you climb, stations burn a mark into your hiking stick to show how far you went. I want a hiking stick to bring back with me showing I made it to the top.

I am also excited to see the cherry blossoms this coming spring. I have always loved the cherry blossoms and am extremely excited to see them in person. But first we have to get through winter when , I've heard, it snows. I am also slightly anticipating the snow as living in Georgia very little snow is seen.

1 comment:

  1. Two whole months!! Wow. I thought of you on the plane ride home. I read in the WSJ that you don't have to tip in taxi cabs in Japan, because it isn't customary. Woo! lol

    ReplyDelete