December 9, 2010

Fun Thursdays!

Thursday mornings bring sunshine, a new day, and washi paper class. Our latest creations have been quite a project, taking almost three hours a piece. The bowl above is called a heavy bowl and has curved sides. The most difficult part of this project was the corners. The project today was the sandal box. The top looks like a sandal with a little bell to add a sparkle. To think that these projects are begun with pieces of flat cardboard and that everything is molded is what I think makes this such an art.



After washi paper class, my friends wanted to go eat curry, of course I would never turn that down. We left after class and ventured out near the home store that I have visited before. There is a mall next door, Ayase Mall, and it has all kinds of stores and a food court. When we first arrived we shopped the hundred yen store where I found some small ceramic rice bowls, perfect to serve anything slightly Japanese. The hundred yen store has everything from food to clothing to kitchen items to anything else you could want to find in the hundred yen store.

After finishing there we went to the food court to get our curry from a restaurant called Darbar. When ordering, you can view the menu, then you select what you want from a machine that prints out a ticket with your order and you give it to the waiter. Our food was delicious! I ordered vegetable curry with naan and it came with a small salad. The dressing on the salad was good although I can't tell you what exactly was in it. After finishing, I decided that I could eat naan everyday it's so delicious.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about naan! I love, love, love it!

    And the bowls are absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF NAAN I HAVE EVER SEEN AND I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete