January 26, 2011

(Almost) A Day in the Life of a Mom

Today I was privileged to spend my day with a family of the sweetest, most well behaved boys. It began early this morning, just after breakfast, and lasted just until dinner time. At first, it was just the 3 and 4 year olds and me playing with legos and trains. These boys love legos and have many sets. And the 3 year old is going through the Thomas the Train stage. After playing for a while we went to church for my Wednesday morning bible study.

The bible study we are currently doing is by Shaunti Feldhahn on her book, ForWomen Only.In this study, we are learning that the est way to show love to our husbands is by showing them respect. They need to see, hear, and feel this respect as much as possible. By affirming them, we can build up our husbands to be more confident and, in turn, have stronger marriages.

After bible study, the boys and I headed back for some lunch, yummy peanut butter and nutella sandwiches. Except for me. I wanted some of that nutella so badly. And after lunch, nap time! I was amazed at how quickly the boys fell asleep and how long they stayed asleep. I enjoyed some quiet time, cleaned the house a little, and then actually had to wake the boys up. While the younger two were sleeping, the oldest came home and we worked on his homework.

We went outside to play and they ran and ran and ran. I was glad to see them going so much, playing so well with the other kids, and having the time of their lives. They were having so much fun we stayed outside for over an hour despite the cool temperatures. By the time we went in, I was an icicle. Then the woman who stays the night with the boys was home and preparing their dinner.

So that's my day, good times with three adorable little boys. Luckily I have a wonderful hubby who let me come home and relax tonight, he's doing the dishes!

3 comments:

  1. If you like that Bible study, you might read "Love and Respect" by Emerson Eggerichs. It's for both husbands and wives. While some of the analogies he used really got on my nerves, I liked the overall message of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got that one too. It does have a good message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved For Women Only. It had a lot of things that I had never thought about before (and not something you always talk about with women who have been married for a while).

    ReplyDelete