January 24, 2011

Working on Working

I finally finished my sub application! I entered all the information, printed it out, signed it, and turned it in. I also had to get fingerprinted, a very nasty experience. In Bartow County, I was printed using a digital scanner; no ink, no mess. Here, however, they used the ink and I got to roll, press, and print to my hearts content (it really wasn't that long).  Luckily, most of the ink came off quickly thanks to that orange cleaner, but I still have the outlines of my fingernails to get cleaned. Now I just get to wait until I'm in payroll to begin working.

This week I am babysitting for a family in the afternoons everyday. The parents went on a vacation and I pick up the kids from school, get their homework finished, and entertain them for an afternoon. There is another girl who comes and stays with the kids all night and get them off to school in the mornings. Today her and I got a chance to talk and, come to find out, she currently works in the school on base. She was hired straight from the States, no military affiliation at all. I enjoyed a long chat with her today, getting more tips and hints that teachers are in fact leaving this school year and that I have a hope for getting a full-time job before the summer. I am getting very excited about possibly having a job by then! Now we just wait.

1 comment: