February 1, 2011

Getting Back on Track

I met with the principal of the elementary school on base Monday, and while it was a good meeting, I left feeling almost discouraged and let down. The good news, I am doing everything right so far, applying for substitute teaching and making myself available. The bad news, nothing really, just that I felt let down. I had prepared all morning, got all dressed up, and psyched myself out on how this was going to be an amazing meeting.

Because I felt down, I reached for the Girl Scout Cookies. But they didn't have the effect I was hoping for. This time after eating a sugary processed sweet, I literally felt sick. I really don't mind giving up these things for the Sonoma (diet). I feel so much better eating real foods, nothing processed. However, a day later, I still feel all messed up inside and I hope it's the sugar.

In hopes of getting back on track, I am making a yummy dinner of fish topped with a zucchini relish, lentil soup, and a small salad. Lentil soup has become a favorite of mine and it's easy to make a couple meals worth. But chopping the onion for the soup has made me tear up and my eyes still haven't fully recovered. It seems that Japan has some of the juiciest onions.

Also, I was hoping to get to the gym today for a run to let off some of this anxiety inside. However, while walking to body pump this morning, I felt that familiar pain running from the top of my foot, up the front of my leg, and to my knee. Well, hello shin splints. I guess I'll be taking it easy for a few days until they heal.

In the mean time, I hope that I will soon receive an email saying I can begin subbing. I cannot wait to begin working again. I have a few babysitting job this week to help break up the monotony but I really want to work full time. I hope that maybe I can get put on a long term sub.

So here's to a better tomorrow, getting back on track and hopefully feeling back to my normal self. The Wednesday morning bible study isn't meeting this week so maybe I'll take the time to finally take down Christmas decorations. Yes, We still have a Christmas tree with garland hanging up.

1 comment:

  1. I have done the same thing, and the sugar really does make me feel sick, too. And I had a bad day on top of it, and it was one ugly day. And I was still sick feeling the next day. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete