February 7, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again

Today I subbed in a first grade classroom and, I have to say, it was one of the best days I have had in a while. At first I was nervous, I didn't know what we would be doing or what the kids would be like. Turns out I was in luck, the kids were awesome, no behavioral problems at all! The teacher in me kicked in when it came to lesson time and the day flew by. We had a really awesome day! Some of the kids even said I was the best teacher ever. I talked about spelling, grammar, reading, and science today, even expanding on the lessons to help explain. I must say, I cannot wait until I am teaching my own classroom and am hoping for a  long term sub position to pop up before the school year is out.

On the other hand, I'm back in another saddle, the SD saddle. My husband, whom I love dearly, is participating in this diet with me except on a different level. Junk food once to twice a week, eating cookies, pizza, Taco Bell, and more. All the while, he's still losing weight. So, I decide that I can do this too, if it works for him, why not me? Well, the answer is, not me. So, back to the SD this week, not that I hate it, I really enjoy the food. I just really love sweets also. Last night I got creative and ate an apple cut into slices drizzled with a little honey and sprinkled with a touch of cinnamon and it was delicious! I'm going to have to try a little harder to find dessert type foods that I can enjoy guilt-free.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't the SD have desserts available? I know Lauren posted something about a fruit tart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, just haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

    ReplyDelete