October 27, 2010

It's Starting to Feel Like a Home

Walking is my new best friend, along with my tennies. Today, we walked to the NEX homestore, food court, NEX main store, commissary, home, cable office, back home, movie theater, and finally home. I'm hoping most of that walking is making up for our Taco Bell lunch today. Oh, and also the movers came today to deliver our things.

We have successfully gotten everything moved in and thus far only one casualty, a vase that used to house a beta fish. The movers were exceptionally fast! Four Japanese men moved our belongings into the apartment, on the fifth floor remember, in three hours. We were amazed! So far, the kitchen and living room has been unpacked with the rest to follow hopefully tomorrow.

After receiving our things, we got excited about the possibilities our apartment could hold and went to purchase the sofa and love seat set we have been drooling over. Well, not literally, but we have gone to visit it everyday since we saw it. Literally. I am guessing the rug to cover the living room floor will follow shortly.

After finishing our running arounds, we settled in and started unpacking. Everything was going great until I heard the distinctive crunch broken glass makes. The mover had wrapped the old beta vase in our living room blanket. Not only was there glass in the box but all in the blanket too. The unpacking continued until it was time to start dinner. As tired as I was I wasn't about to eat fast food again. I opted for stir-fry and it was delicious, probably because it is the first real food we've had in a week.

To conclude our evening, Alan wanted to see a movie playing on base, RED. I thought it would be a great way to wind down. Not a bad movie I must say.

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! We haven't watched RED yet, though we want to. I think we're going to try and go this weekend. It is so awesome that everything got done so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are going to be very fit if not tired for the next couple of years :)

    ReplyDelete