October 26, 2010

First Night

We are officially moved in! Well, with the exception of all of our stuff missing but it arrives tomorrow. We are so excited and cannot wait to eat "real food". For a week we have been living off fast food and have, quite frankly, gotten sick of it! So for lunch today we hurried to the commissary to buy some "real food" and then realized, we have nothing to cook with. So, with our mightiest brain power we tried to find food to cook in an oven, without a baking sheet, and finally bought a... Frozen pizza. Sadly, this pizza was much tastier than the pizza we ordered from the base pizza shop.

After lunch, Alan rode off on his fancy new bike to get some paperwork finished and I journeyed to the elementary school on base to pick up a substitute application. What they meant to say was a substitute packet. For the rest of the evening I worked on filling out the massive substitute application. Fourtunately, there is a shortage of subs here and, as I cannot be placed in my own classroom just yet, feel fairly confident that I will be working shortly. I hope. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Glad to see you're not living in a hotel anymore. =D

    ReplyDelete