April 13, 2011

I Love My Kindle

For Christmas this past year, my aunt MIL, (long story), gave Alan and I Kindles. We tore them open and have barely been able to put them down since! Well, until Alan stepped on mine and I had to get a replacement. :)

In the last two days, I have downloaded 17 books: free! Sometimes they are not so grand, but I have found a few that I really enjoyed. I just search Amazon.com about once a week and look at their top 100 free books and get my fill. The most recent book I read was Alice at Heart, by Deborah Smith.

In the beginning you meet Alice, in strange circumstances with strange habits: swimming nude in the mountain lake in frigid temperatures, webbing between her toes, and a diet comprised of canned tuna. Then you meet Griffin, a treasure hunter who, in the midst of an accident, hears a woman calling to him underwater. As the story unfolds, Alice and Griffin find their true homes. There were a few intimate moments of the book, but nothing that could be compared with a "romance" novel. If you like books that make you wonder and pull you into a captivating story, I think you will enjoy this one.

1 comment:

  1. Mine BROKE when I was in the hospital!! It just wouldn't turn on. They sent me a new one.

    I just finished Riven and She Walks in Beauty, both of which were free and pretty good. Check 'em out!

    ReplyDelete