April 19, 2011

I Have a Fantastic Idea

Movies can have great stories, but sometimes they contain things viewers would rather not see: language, nudity, violence. There are many products out which help people to edit their movies by downloading filters so they can bring them down to a family friendly rating without dulling down the movie. Why can't someone do this for books on a kindle? I  mostly try to stick to Christian Fiction because I know graphic scenes and language are kept to a minimum. These stories get old after a while, like reading only history books, eventually you crave something new.

The book I am currently reading, Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen, has a wonderful story, I can't wait to finish it! However, I'd really rather not get a detailed description of a stripper's dance, certain male reactions, and the like. Would it not be acceptable to say that the stripper was dancing minus the graphic scenery? How much harder would it really be to create a "reader friendly" version for those who would rather leave those things behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment