April 9, 2011

Going, Going, Going

Momma and began our trip back to Louisiana today. We decided to take a different route that shaved nearly two hours off our driving time! And, lucky for us, my oldest nephew Oliver decided to begin sharing... his cold with Nana and Aunt Kk. Instead of driving and getting home sooner, we opted to stop and sleep for a bit.

Funny story: I dropped Momma off at the hotel entrance and went to park the car. As I was walking in, a guy, probably college aged, was walking out. Either he wasn't looking where he was going or I smelled really bad because he ran into the door on the way out! It was slightly humorous. Good, old-fashioned America's Funniest Home Video funny.

While we are taking a shorter route I am missing the old, abandoned buildings we frequently saw on the trip up. Those houses and barns were so interesting! One day, I would like to drive that way again and stop to take pictures of those places. Abandoned buildings surrounded by prairie and blue sky. Georgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment