August 16, 2011

Unlocking the Door

Yet another day filled with work for my classroom. I went in again this morning but only stayed for a couple hours, after I figured out how to unlock the door. I had to pick up a key from the front office since they are not checking out keys yet. I walked to my building and stuck the key in the lock, turned the knob like the illustration by the knob shows and.. nothing. I try the other door... nothing. As I stand there sweating, I think how funny it would be if someone was inside watching me try to unlock the door. So I peeked in the window just to make sure. I walk around the building to try another door and finally got in, although I'm not sure if I actually unlocked the door or just pulled the it hard enough it opened.

In my classroom, there's not much left I can do until the Librarian can laminate my materials. So I headed home to work on cd labels, cubby name tags, and my behavior chart.  Before I could work on this, I had to go buy some more printer cartridges and headed to the NEX. I found all the cartridges and got home, preparing to work my little heart out and... I forgot the single most important cartridge, the big black one. Instead, I worked on other things, typing everything up so I can print them tomorrow after I get the last cartridge.

While I've been out and about, I have noticed something common among the Japanese; they carry a washcloth or small towel around with them to wipe their heads when they sweat. I thought,"How neat! They keep their appearances looking nice and neat even in the heat." I've adopted this practice but have only used paper towels and it is very nice getting somewhere and not dripping in sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment